From: Johan Torp (johan.torp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-25 18:02:16

Thomas Karolski wrote:

> msvc compiler & linker (cl.exe) does not want to do *anything* at all
> when executed outside of the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt. It does
> not even respond to /HELP or /VERSION.

cl.exe exhibits this behaviour if you try to run it from cygwin. If you run
it from cmd you get a message-box which cygwin fails to display. It tells
you it can't find some dlls. I think I added "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 8\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Common7\IDE" to the windows PATH environment variable and then restarted
cygwin and everything worked. Hope it helps...

Johan