From: Thomas Karolski (Thomas.Karolski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-26 15:43:19

Johan Torp wrote:

> Thomas Karolski wrote:
>> msvc compiler & linker (cl.exe) does not want to do *anything* at all
>> when executed outside of the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt. It does
>> not even respond to /HELP or /VERSION.
>>

> cl.exe exhibits this behaviour if you try to run it from cygwin. If you run
> it from cmd you get a message-box which cygwin fails to display. It tells
> you it can't find some dlls. I think I added "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Visual Studio 8\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\Common7\IDE" to the windows PATH environment variable and then restarted
> cygwin and everything worked. Hope it helps...
>
> Johan

Hmm interesting. I didn't know about putting the IDE folder into the
path environment. Though nevertheless, the above mentioned error (which
is to say, no error/output at all) did appear inside the windows command
prompt.
Thanks however, I'll try to set the IDE path and see how this is going
to work out.

Regards,
Thomas K.