From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 08:29:47

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> // New macros:
>>
>> BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS // no enum class
>> BOOST_NO_RAW_LITS // no raw character or string literals
>> BOOST_NO_UNICODE_LITS // no Unicode literals
>> BOOST_NO_OX_CHAR_TYPES // no char16_t or char32_t
>> BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_CVT_OP // no explicit operator T()
>> BOOST_NO_DFLT_AND_DEL_FUNCS // no = default or = delete functions
>> BOOST_NO_CONSTEXPR // no constexpr
>>
>> Comments or suggestions?
>>

> I would prefer to spell out the names completely.
> e.g. BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_CONVERSION_OPERATOR.

There is a practical limit on the length of names because the config
mechanism uses them for file names. But perhaps we can make them less
cryptic, and still hold them to a reasonable length, say 32 characters.
How about:

12345678901234567890123456789012
BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS // no enum class
BOOST_NO_RAW_LITERALS // no raw character or string literals
BOOST_NO_UNICODE_LITERALS // no Unicode literals
BOOST_NO_CHAR16_CHAR32_TYPES // no char16_t or char32_t
BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_CONVERSION_OP // no explicit operator T()
BOOST_NO_DEFAULT_OR_DELETE_FUNCS // no = default or = delete functions
BOOST_NO_CONSTEXPR // no constexpr

Thanks,

--Beman