From: Neil Groves (neilgroves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-24 03:49:44

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Neil Groves wrote:
>
>> range_ex.zip has been updated in the root of the Vault to correct the folder
>> structure.
>>

> I just downloaded your library and I was surprised to see the
> make_filtered_range-like syntax was dropped. While the pipe-like syntax
> is interesting, I think both interfaces should be there.

Thank you for this feedback. I hope to get a few more responses and then
respond appropriately. I do
not have a strong preference one way or another. If no one objects
within this week then I shall
 reintroducing make_filtered_range et al. I expect to be able to upload by
6 June 2008.
> Also, I think you should add to the documentation that the functors need
> to have result_type (or be real functions).
> It might be interesting to make it so decltype/typeof/emulation can be
> used instead, by the way. It shouldn't be too difficult to wrap the
> function objects so that result_type can be automatically deduced, since
> in all cases the types of all arguments are fixed.

I will look into this suggestion. To be perfectly honest I am not sure
how to make it work for all
function types. I suspect that a good look around the other Boost
libraries or search engines will
reveal a solution. This may take me longer due to my lack of experience
with this approach.