Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Phoenix review starts today, September 21st
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-30 10:54:58

I too am concerned that failure to accept V2 into Boost now will mean that far fewer people try to use Phoenix and thus the number
of people able to contribute to a V3 review will be far less.

As many have observed, people are reluctant to use libraries unless they are in the regular release. (I know Phoenix V2 is
available in Spirit, but I'm not sure people will find it, or see why they should use it. Joel's documentation to V2 makes it clear
what it all about and when to use it.)

As long as we are totally upfront about V2 being a stepping stone to V3, I doubt if the supposed gain in stability is really worth
it.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]