Subject: Re: [boost] [mp_int] new release
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-08 12:30:16

So are you proposing two names:

bounded_int - arbitrary but fixed (maximum?) size integer

unbounded_int - grows to accommodate a size (bounded only by machine memory).

As an aside, does this scale to floating-point?

If we were to produce a Boost equivalent to NTL quad_float bounded_float and RR - arbitrary but fixed (default 50 decimal digits)
and an unbounded Exact real,

for example to

unbounded_float (or unbounded_real)

similar to exact real - but then exact_real would be more obvious?

and bounded_float or bounded_real

But then one wants to encode the real precision? float, double, quad_float, octo_float...

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]