Subject: Re: [boost] [mp_int] new release
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 05:20:41

I really, really don't like any of these names :-(

fp_int sounds something to do with Floating Point (nonsense of course ;-)

mp_int doesn't say anything obvious to me.

Neither seem to me to meet Boost's preference for "Clarity before curtness".

I think it must be really obvious if the type is bounded/fixed, or will grow.
It's not for the writers - it's for the *readers* of programs who need to know immediately what sort of fancy integer beast is being
used (without RTFM).

Ideally, a Boost library should at least fix the naming for both types, and the structure too?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]