Subject: Re: [boost] CMake build system is Merged into Trunk
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-01 15:30:03

Michael Jackson wrote:
> With the encouragement of Doug Gregor and the support of other Boost
> moderators I have merged the work from the CMake branch into trunk.
<snip>

> NOTHING has been done to compromise the current build system based on BJam.

First off, congrats, I'm glad to see this project moving forward.
Providing support for a de-facto standard build system like CMake can
only improve the lives of Boost users, and that's the most important thing.

How does this effect the lives of Boost developers? My day-to-day work
occasionally involves changing jamfiles. Will I also need to edit CMake
files? Or is there a CMake build system champion who will be working to
keep the two build systems in sync?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing