Subject: Re: [boost] math statistical distribution: multivariate gaussian
From: Thijs van den Berg (thijs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 09:28:00

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> 2008/11/19 Thijs van den Berg <thijs_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> Stjepan Rajko wrote:
>>
>>> If this is geared towards Boost.Math, we should probably consider that
>>> library's directory structure. Currently, the statistical
>>> distributions files appear to be placed as follows:
>>>
>>> include files: ..../boost/include/math/distributions
>>> docs: ..../libs/math/distributions/doc/sf_and_dist
>>> tests: ..../libs/math/distributions/test
>>> examples: ..../libs/math/distributions/example
>>>
>>> I'm not sure whether we should re-use all of those directories or
>>> change some (or all) of them.
>>>

>> I agree, let's keep it simple for a start-we are in the sandbox- put the doc
>> & code directly in sandbox/multivariate_distributions? We can also split
>> things up once we have a start
>>

> I made 4 subdirectories (boost, test, example, doc) just to have a
> little organization, and because it plays better with the boost build
> system. If you set your BOOST_ROOT environment variable to the root
> of your boost distribution, you *should* be able to go to any of
> {test, example, doc} and run bjam to build a skeleton test, example or
> docs.
>
> Let me know if you run into any problems.
>
> Best,

Hi Stjepan,
Thanks! That's great. I've managed to compile the doc with bjam.
Took me a bit of time set things up for the firs time.

I started working on the doc and got a dev account for sandbox. The only
issue
was to commit the update. I kept getting errors 'pre-commit hook' ...
but then
it suddenly worked! Is adding a comment-text to a commit perhaps mandatory?

anyway, a first sketch (unstructured with some idea & questions) is in /doc
Best, Thijs