Subject: Re: [boost] [Iterator][MultiIndex]iterator-specificpartition_point-relatedfunctions
From: Arno Schödl (aschoedl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-30 05:56:15

>> This would require the user to specify "using boost::lower_bound" if he wants to
>> implement a custom_partition for one of his own iterators outside namespace boost,
>> right?
>
>Why do you say that a using declaration is needed? What's wrong with
>calling lower_bound with qualification?

Arguably, to be compatible with code that does not know anything about boost, in the spirit of ADL, the following lower_bound should redirect to partition_point( CustomIt, CustomIt, pred):

using std::lower_bound;
CustomIt itA, itB;
lower_bound( itA, itB );

Do we agree that this is how the client side should work?

The only way to achieve that, as far as I can see, is to implement a lower_bound for each and every iterator that defines its own partition_point. Or do you have an idea?

Arno

--
Dr. Arno Schoedl · aschoedl_at_[hidden]
Technical Director

think-cell Software GmbH · Invalidenstr. 34 · 10115 Berlin, Germany
http://www.think-cell.com · phone +49-30-666473-10 · toll-free (US) +1-800-891-8091
Directors: Dr. Markus Hannebauer, Dr. Arno Schoedl · Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 85229