Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Add Loki Library's SafeFormat to Boost:
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-01 15:52:34

on Thu Jan 01 2009, "Tom Browder" <tom.browder-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> As far as I know, nothing in boost relies on SafeFormat. The
>>> advantages of adding it to boost include: (1) active maintenance [Loki
>>> maintenance interest is fading rapidly] and (2) boost (and thus
>> If SafeFormat has a maintenance deficit as part of Loki, it would have
>> the same deficit as part of Boost.
>
> But I believe there is a wider audience here, thus possibly more
> recruits. And there is at least one other Loki supporter who supports
> a move to Boost if possible.

Supporting the idea of a move to Boost is not remotely the same as being
a maintainer of that library.

>> Also, you might want to take a look at
>> http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html to see whether you can
>> suggest something that fits with the Boost process. Things don't just
>
> I looked at it before--this is the soliciting interest stage.
>
> Quote.
>
> Determine interest
>
> Potential library submitters should use the Boost developers mailing
> list as a forum to gauge interest [in] a possible submission.

OK, but what's missing is someone behind the solicitation who is clearly
taking responsibility for the code, prepared to take it through a formal
review, and willing to maintain it for the forseeable future.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing