Subject: Re: [boost] [logging] Interest check on logging library.
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-01 10:01:49

Jamie Allsop wrote:

> If I recall your library requires a lib to be linked in. That's a deal
> breaker for me.

That is true, the library has to be compiled. If it is to support
multi-module configuration with centralized logging control, I don't see
how it could be done the other way.

> This library seems to move away from that. What I really
> need is captured in my review of John Torjo's second library
> <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/02/133462.php>
>
> I'd be interested if either library can support this minimal use case.

 From what I read there, I'm pretty close to that, aside this part:
"users of the library must be able to use the libraries without logging
enabled and pay no cost". The cost will always be there since there will
be a run time check whether to write logs or not. My lib does filtering
for that matter.