Subject: Re: [boost] [logging] Interest check on logging library.
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-01 14:04:32

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Jamie Allsop wrote:
>>
>> If I recall your library requires a lib to be linked in. That's a deal
>> breaker for me.
>
> That is true, the library has to be compiled. If it is to support
> multi-module configuration with centralized logging control, I don't see how
> it could be done the other way.

This is slightly off-topic but I think that Boost would have been much
better collection of libs if from the beginning it had adopted a
policy of placing as much code as possible in cpp files. Besides the
simple fact that this approach would have drastically reduced the
amount of code visible to users, it would have also affected the way
libraries are designed.

If anyone cares whether a library is header-only or not, they need a
better build system. :)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.