Subject: Re: [boost] [accumulators] rolling mean
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-03 11:45:27

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:59 PM
Subject: [boost] [accumulators] rolling mean

> The accumulators library now has a handful of rolling accumulators,
> including a rolling sum and a rolling mean. These have been on trunk for
> about a week, and have recently been merged to release and will be part
> of the 1.38 release.

Hi,

this is a very good new. I have suggested something like that on this ML but without any response
http://www.nabble.com/-accumulators--Dependent-and-sliding-accumulatos_set-td19912653.html#a19912653

Sorry for my english if sliding is not the adequated name for the rolling functionality. I've take a look and I see the window is given at run-time. Do you think that a static implementation could improve the performances?

What do you think about the dependent accumulators (see my post)?

Best,
Vicente