Subject: Re: [boost] [spirit] Library naming and sub-libraries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-03 14:25:05

Peter Simons wrote:

> To say that library names would be "irrelevant" is an exaggeration. The
> amount of attention you appear to be paying to this subject, however, is
> exaggerated too.

Maybe the amount of discussion of this topic was indeed a bit excessive.

> Frankly, your repeated complaints about Spirit's naming
> decisions feel like nitpicking.

I have nothing against the library or Joel, if that is what you mean. In
fact, I like Spirit very much and have used it in several projects with
great success. The discussion concentrated around Spirit because this is
the library with the most abstract name(s) in Boost.