Subject: [boost] Futures Review Starts Today - January 5, 2009
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-05 20:25:46

Futures Review Starts Today - January 5, 2009

Braddock Gaskill
http://braddock.com/~braddock/future

Anthony Williams
http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/files/n2561_future.hpp

Please review one or both libraries for submission to boost.
Apparently, Anthony Williams' submission has also been
sumbitted the C++ standards committee. Status unknown.

As always, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review(s):

What is your evaluation of the design(s)?
What is your evaluation of the implementation(s)?
What is your evaluation of the documentation?
What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library(s)?
Did you try to use the library? With what compiler(s)? Did you have
any problems?
How much effort did you put into your evaluation(s)? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Do you think the libraries should be accepted into Boost as-is or
should they be merged?

Apparently, there has been various discussions about these two
libraries last six months.
The authors will need to bring us up to date as to why they want their libraries
to be reviewed seperately.

Also, each author should evaluate each others library and point out
the differences
in their implentations. These will serve as useful discussion points.

The ideal outcome in my mind would be a resubmitted submission,
incorporating the best
ideas from each. Tell me if you share this view or what is your
preferred result.

As always, your reviews will certainly assist the authors in improving
their libraries even further.
Thank you in advance. Please feel free to participate in any
discussion even if your
not going to provide a full review.

Review Manager
Tom Brinkman