Subject: Re: [boost] Review process question
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-01 18:06:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christophe Henry" <christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 11:36 PM
Subject: [boost] Review process question

> Hi,
>
> I just read the submission process page and being a bit new to this, I have
> some questions. The page states that all the files making up a library
> should be compressed into a zip file and posted in the Vault upon
> submission.
> - Wouldn't it be better to use the Sandbox for this? After all, this seems
> to be quite the goal of SVN. It would also allow bugfixes who might appear
> between submission and review. This leads us to the next question.
> - Does it mean that while the library is in the review queue, it cannot be
> changed? I understand this is a long process and it would be nice to correct
> problems which might appear during this time. It would be also sad to stop
> development too early.
>
> Sorry if I ask stuff which is already broadly known.

Hi,
The library under review needs to be a fixed one, stored in a compressed file in the Vault or elsewhere.
This do not means that you can not use the Sandbox to do your developement even during the code review.
Of course it could be good to show to the reviewers how you are taking in account his remarks on the Sandbox but what will be more important is to show it on this ML.

Just my opinion,
Vicente