Subject: Re: [boost] [New Feature Suggestion] Fast RTTI Implementation
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 18:56:04

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM, ·ùÀÎȯ <rihwan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello there.
> Let me introduce the fast rtti system.
> Many other library and system(ex. game engines) has there own rtti system.
> But normally their rtti system consume Big O(n) for dynamic casting another
> type.
> So, I implemented fast rtti Big O(1) time consuming rtti system.
> I used bit signature for class inhertance hierarchy expression.

Game engines have their own many things, this doesn't mean it's a good
idea to copy them. :)

The main issue with user-code RTTI systems is that they can only
support a subset of the built-in RTTI functions (which is why RTTI is
a language feature.) For example, you can't implement
dynamic_cast<void *> by yourself, and that's critical for many systems
(for example serialization of pointers.)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.