Subject: [boost] Boost.RangeEx: contains?
From: Marcus Lindblom (macke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-21 09:47:26

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Dear Developers and Users,
>
> It's my pleasure to announce that the review of Neil Groves' RangeEx
> library starts today and lasts until March 3, 2009.

Great news! Many thanks to Neil for sticking in there and taking RangeEx
  to its completion, and to Torsten, who started it all! It's nice to
see that it did happen, as I did a non-starter attempt a year or so ago
to complete this library.

I've looked at the code before when I tried to hack on it, and after
some glancing at the docs now, it seems to be everything it could be,
and more. The range adaptors are there, and the various return policies
have a nice solution as well.

It's definitely a library that should go into boost, as it should've
been in STL from the start.

I'm just missing basic "contains/contains_if" function, that searches
and retursn a bool on whether an item is in a range. (i.e. find(rng, v)
!= end(rng) ). I've found those are quite useful. Perhaps this just has
another name and I overlooked it?

Cheers,
/Marcus