Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Lite Version
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-14 04:40:21

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Sebastien Stoezel" <js.stoezel_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:52 PM

> Vicente:
>
> As I said in my email, it would be 30% of a couple hundreds kbytes of
> ROM and 30% of a couple dozens of RAM.

Sorry I mis this. This is not too much space. Maybe you need to include the .cpp files that you need in your specific application, so you use just the minimum.
If I've understood you want to stub the parts you don't need, isn't it?

> To give you an example, lately I have been using FreeRTOS. This RTOS
> is not POSIX and not supported by Boost. However I would like my
> applications to be able to start a FreeRTOS taks using the thread
> library. Same with semaphores.

I don't know if there are a lot of people concerned by using Boost on FreeRTOS. What do you propose exactly?

Best,
Vicente