Subject: Re: [boost] Release schedule
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 10:33:52

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the calendar at http://www.boost.org/development/index.html
> has:
>
>   1.39.0 Closed for major code changes
>
> for today and:
>
>   1.39.0 Closed except by permission
>
> for next Friday, Apr 10th. I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is this schedule still up-to-date?

Yes.

> I did not notice any reminder emails.

None have gone. I'll try to put out a notice later today.

> 2. I assume this refers to all commits to release branch?

The real concern is stability. Thus code changes are more of a concern
than documentation.

> 3. What is 'major code change'. Will wholesale merge of Boost.Build count
> as one (though I'm not away of any disturbing changes on trunk).

Have the changes been trouble free on trunk? Are the changes in areas
with past history of changes causing unintended breakages? You are in
the best position to judge.

> 4. Would it be possible to move both deadlines over the weekend to Apr 6
> and Apr 13 respectively? I'm sure many developers have more spare time
> on weekend, so it will make it easier to complete changes. I, in particular,
> have some changes in pipeline to make building Boost less confusing for
> newcomers, and certainly will appreciate having that weekend of Apr 11-12.

No problem. We've moved deadlines until after a weekend several times
in the past.

Thanks for checking,

--Beman