Subject: Re: [boost] Release schedule
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 10:53:25

Beman Dawes wrote:

>> I did not notice any reminder emails.
>
> None have gone. I'll try to put out a notice later today.

Thanks.

>> 2. I assume this refers to all commits to release branch?
>
> The real concern is stability. Thus code changes are more of a concern
> than documentation.
>
>> 3. What is 'major code change'. Will wholesale merge of Boost.Build count
>> as one (though I'm not away of any disturbing changes on trunk).
>
> Have the changes been trouble free on trunk? Are the changes in areas
> with past history of changes causing unintended breakages? You are in
> the best position to judge.

I think most changes are safe, but still will try to do this wholesale
merge this weekend, and then only merge specific fixes as necessary.
(I also need to review/mark Boost.Build self-test, but that's another
matter not directly related to building C++ Boost itself)

>> 4. Would it be possible to move both deadlines over the weekend to Apr 6
>> and Apr 13 respectively? I'm sure many developers have more spare time
>> on weekend, so it will make it easier to complete changes. I, in particular,
>> have some changes in pipeline to make building Boost less confusing for
>> newcomers, and certainly will appreciate having that weekend of Apr 11-12.
>
> No problem. We've moved deadlines until after a weekend several times
> in the past.

I guess it might be best to generally schedule deadlines for Mondays.

Thanks,
Volodya