Subject: [boost] Building stage by default, pt. 2
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-11 04:14:58

Hi,
previously, we discussed that building the 'stage' target
by default would be a good idea -- since some users forget
that and don't have an easy way to get at built libraries.
See:

        http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/182787

I've now implemented the change, taking into account the comments
in that thread. In particular:

   - the message now uses absolute paths
   - the location of headers is explicitly specified

Here's an example of the message that is output if you do "./bjam"
in Boost root:

        Building C++ Boost.

        After the build, the headers will be located at

            /home/ghost/Work/Boost/boost-svn

        The libraries will be located at

            /home/ghost/Work/Boost/boost-svn/stage/lib

        Use 'bjam install --prefix=<path>' if you wish to install headers and
        libraries to a different location and remove the source tree.

I was considering outputting a 'summary' at the end of the build, as opposed
at the beginning, but that would require some Boost.Jam changes and therefore
cannot be accomplished at this point of release cycle.

Anybody wishes to comment on the wording before this gets merged to release
branch?

- Volodya