Subject: Re: [boost] google-analytics and privacy
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-27 06:21:19

2009/4/27 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:

> Can someone please explain to me what the scripts in use currently are, what
> they do, and who gets the information they generate?

I don't think the gil pages are tracking anything, as they don't call
'urchinTracker'. So it looks like
they just forgot to remove the script tags when migrating to boost.
But it does seem to be actively used in boost build.

> In any case I'm strongly against offline-readable docs having references to
> external scripts like this, if nothing else it's a real pain if your
> computer keeps trying to connect when you don't want it too.

It shouldn't be too hard to add a check to inspect. I think the only
allowed external links should be in 'a' tags. Maybe also for some
'link' tags depending on their 'rel' attribute, although that will
require better parsing.

Daniel