Subject: Re: [boost] trunk vs release
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 10:51:48

2009/5/21 troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]>:

> Okay, but with the current trunk, you're regression testing a lot of cruft
> that has been sitting there ignored for years.

Whatever branching scheme you use, unmaintained code will still be unmaintained.

> How about regression-testing
> a codebase that has a fighting chance of actually becoming a release?

Boost is a volunteer organisation. In order for something to happen
that effects everyone, someone has to make a proposal, convince people
(I'm not sure exactly who) to go along with it, deal with whatever
issues there are and put it into action. And in this case, nobody has.

Daniel