Subject: Re: [boost] trunk vs release
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 12:14:41

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> In one sense, we already have multiple "staging areas" in branches for
>> individual libraries. But trunk provides a single agreed upon place to
>> regression test.
>>

> But how meaningful are those 'regression tests' if trunk is not properly
> maintained ?

I can't speak for all libraries, but for the libraries I maintain, the
libraries my libraries depend on, and the libraries in trunk I use as
a release manager, trunk is "properly maintained". I'm also no seeing
a lot of complaints on the list about libraries on trunk not being
"properly maintained". That could change over time, of course, but
right now things don't look all that bad to me.

--Beman