Subject: [boost] [persistence] interface overview
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-23 06:53:04

A while ago, I proposed a persistence library and there was some interest.

Since then, the prototype has evolved into a feature-complete, reasonably
optimized, implementation. Here's a quick recap of what the library is
supposed to do:

---------
int main(){
        shared_ptr<A> shared(new A);
        db_ptr<A> db(new A);
} // "shared" is destroyed, "db" is saved to disk

to ensure data consistency, there are transactions introduced:

transaction tx;
//change_objects
tx.commit();

if change_objects throws an exception, causing tx to be destroyed without
commit() being called, all changes are undone.
---------

there is no complete documentation yet, but I've written an overview of the
library interface, which can be found here:
http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=overview.html&directory=persistence&

I'd appreciate your comments.
please note the "open issues" section.