Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Freeze for release candidate
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 09:08:34

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Steve M. Robbins wrote:

>>> Presumably because Steven's has manually tweaked the results again :-/
>>
>> Yes, I did.
>
> So, let me summarize the options we have at this point:
>
> 1. Decide that apparently, MPI tests were never run in past as part of regression
> testing framework, and therefore can wait till 1.41.
>
> 2. Have Noel try running with trunk version of XSL scripts, either using "svn switch",
> or by merging to release branch. Then, fix MPI failures.
>
> Can the release management team decide?
>
> Incidentally, I wonder if (2) is necessary for fixing MPI failures. Jeremiah,
> do you get clean MPI test run locally? If not, maybe you can start to fix
> failures pro-actively?

I run on Darwin, and do get a clean run locally. I am actually not the
maintainer of Boost.MPI, so I am not sure where to start to look for the
bug (there is no output from the failed runs). I will try to get
everything set up on Linux, but it might be easier if someone (Steve?)
could see if there is a crash or otherwise where the failure is coming
from and get a backtrace.

-- Jeremiah Willcock