Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Freeze for release candidate
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 09:15:17

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:40:52AM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>> Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>>>> That would be me. But it sure looks like there's graph_parallel and
>>>> mpi results from Debian-Sid on Release.
>>> Presumably because Steven's has manually tweaked the results again :-/
>> Yes, I did.

The results aren't there, now.

> So, let me summarize the options we have at this point:
> 1. Decide that apparently, MPI tests were never run in past as part of regression
> testing framework,

Is this really an accurate characterization? I can't believe that we've
*never* had MPI test results.

> and therefore can wait till 1.41.

I don't think we should ship untested code.

> 2. Have Noel try running with trunk version of XSL scripts, either using "svn switch",
> or by merging to release branch. Then, fix MPI failures.
> Can the release management team decide?

My vote goes for (2). We have some MPI test results now. Matthias should
have a look and report on the failures there. Then we can decide whether
there are any showstoppers.

Marshal, can you make sure Matthias has access to your test results?

Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at