Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of Boost.Polygon is halfway through and no actual reviews so far
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-29 13:53:39

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> A trivial question - is there a reason why the copyright is *only*
> with Intel.
>
> I would have expected the authors to *also* claim copyright.
>
> Is this deliberate?

Yes. Intel owns any code I write for them. I have no legal standing to assert a personal copyright on the code, which is why I don't put my name in the banner. I suppose that eventually the banners of individual files may need to be ammended to include authors of community contributions. We want people to contribute, the banner is just a legal requirement for licensing the code. I had to negotiate with the lawyers about how to word the banner and it was remarkably hard to make them happy considering how little the thing says.

> (This would also make clear who the authors are - for each and every
> file).

As it is currently I am the sole author of every file, so that should be clear enough.

Thanks,
Luke