Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: Generic Geometry Library (GGL).
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-13 10:37:18

> >> I supose that the directory
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/ggl/formal_review_request/libs/
> has not been commited.
> >

> > The GGL is headers-only library, so the complete library is there.
> > The libs is a placeholder where we are going to commit tests
> > and a bunch of examples soon.
>
> When I see a library proposed for review I expect docs, tests and
> examples, so I can understand the library test it, and lear from the
> examples.
> It seems extrange to me you propose a library missing these important
> parts.
> It seems also extrange to me it has been accepted by the review manager
> and the review wizards.
>
> I supose all of you have deep reasons to do this way,

Everything can be looked at in the original SVN where GGL got developed. It
will be added to the Boost sandbox SVN before the review (actually this
week), so everybody will be able to see what's reviewed. Even more, this
library has been presented for preliminary review on this list before and
we've had lots of discussions already. FWIW, the documentation is still
available at the old site if you can't wait until it's 'properly' added to
Boost sandbox SVN.

Based on this (and certainly rom looking at the library itself) I accepted
to manage the library review.

Moreover, Barends email was a request only, not the announcement of the
actual review (which will happen in November, BTW).

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
http://boostcon.com