Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 2 plans
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-08 09:04:09
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Due to the issues exposed in the "Official warnings policy?" thread,
>>> there will be a second 1.41.0 beta, tentatively scheduled for Sunday,
>>> November 15th.
>>> Until Saturday, November 14th, the release branch is open for merges
>>> of low-risk bug fixes. In particular, fixes that clear compiler
>>> warnings are encouraged.
>> I don't think this is a great idea at this point. I believe that
>> the criteria for a release is that the release branch is strictly
>> better than the last release. Setting new goals/requirements
>> at this juncture will start a whole new round of delays and
>> pleas for "just one more thing".
> I must agree with Robert here. Let's stick with the original plan, get 1.41
> out, and *then* figure out what to do about the warnings.
Does anyone want to argue in favor of a second beta?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk