Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 2 plans
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-08 09:10:14

Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Robert Ramey wrote:
>>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>>> Due to the issues exposed in the "Official warnings policy?" thread,
>>>> there will be a second 1.41.0 beta, tentatively scheduled for Sunday,
>>>> November 15th.
>>>> Until Saturday, November 14th, the release branch is open for merges
>>>> of low-risk bug fixes. In particular, fixes that clear compiler
>>>> warnings are encouraged.
>>> I don't think this is a great idea at this point.  I believe that
>>> the criteria for a release is that the release branch is strictly
>>> better than the last release.  Setting new goals/requirements
>>> at this juncture will start a whole new round of delays and
>>> pleas for "just one more thing".
>> I must agree with Robert here. Let's stick with the original plan, get 1.41
>> out, and *then* figure out what to do about the warnings.
> Does anyone want to argue in favor of a second beta?

As soon as the final release a still a couple of days away to allow testing the
OSX 10.6/ppc64 fix I've just committed to trunk, it does not seem like second
beta is much needed.

- Volodya

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at