Subject: Re: [boost] Shouldn't both logging proposals be reviewed in the same formal review?
From: Joel (jdy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 17:01:17

Andreas Huber <ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> It seems to me that these proposals are sufficiently close in functionality
> that only one of them should be accepted into Boost.
>
> Therefore, wouldn't it make sense to review both libraries in one (longer)
> formal review?

How many libraries have passed review and never merged to a boost release?
After a library is accepted, it can be YEARS (if ever) before a library is in
shape to be merged. Having two libraries with different approaches to different
but overlapping portions of the logging problem space in the review process can
only be a good thing.

Don't combine the reviews.