Subject: Re: [boost] [function] Using boost::function when rtti is not available
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 02:39:39

"David Genest" <david.genest_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I am in a gaming build environment that has traditionally turned off rtti
> because of space and portability issues.
>
> But, I would like to use the very useful boost::function.
> My question to the list is: did anyone have a try at an implementation and
> could share it ?

actually yes, just recently ;)
it has various other space and time optimizations besides no-typeid support as
well as cofigurability through policies (although it seemes to have sparked
little interest)...
hope it helps...:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/194514/focus=195351
;)

--
 "That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most
important of all the lessons of history."