Subject: Re: [boost] Review Queue Needs Attention
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 03:11:17

>> The number of review requests is
>> far outstripping the number of volunteer review managers.
>
> is the lack of review managers the bottleneck of the review process right
> now?

Maybe, reviewers start to disappear if we have too many reviews too
fequently as well :-(

> I`m relatively new to boost, but judging from the "notes for review
> managers" on the website that doesn`t sound like a lot of work.
> I'm planning to submit a library for review myself, and the prospect
> that that'd take 2 years isn't very encouraging, so I'd probably
> volunteer just for this reason alone.

It depends - if there's a lot of contentious discussion then producing a
result and a summary of issues can be a bit of work. Other times it's a
breaze 'cos it's very clear that the comments all go one way.

> maybe you could regularily post a call for review managers to the
> mailing list, with a list and a short description of libraries in need
> of a review manager?
>
> btw, I sent a request for sandbox access to boost-owner recently, to
> upload a preview of my library to the sandbox.
> does that take a while or has the process of requesting access
> changed? I haven't received anything so far.

My bad, there's an email invitation on it's way.

John.