Subject: Re: [boost] [function] Using boost::function when rtti is not available
From: David Genest (david.genest_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 11:57:13

Domagoj Saric Wrote:

> > My question to the list is: did anyone have a try at an
> implementation and
> > could share it ?
>
> actually yes, just recently ;)

Oh good!

> it has various other space and time optimizations besides no-typeid
> support as
> well as cofigurability through policies (although it seemes to have
> sparked
> little interest)...

I read most of the thread and I'm surprised to see that you are right regarding interest. I'm surely interested which means there must be others. I'm impressed by the depth of your analysis/optimisations. Will this effort be brought in a new version of boost soon ?

> hope it helps...:

It will!

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/194514/focus=195351
> ;)

I didn't find any attachments in gmane, but found the vault version ( http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=new_function_implementation_proposal.tgz&directory=Function%20Objects& ). Is this the latest version ? Can I just apply the new files over the current function directory?

Thank you, and I hope seeing more activity on this subject.

David.