Subject: Re: [boost] [function] Using boost::function when rttiisnot available
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-28 22:41:57

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Domagoj Saric <dsaritz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> /* snip */

For note, there is interest. Many times I would love to have a
Boost.Function that will not throw, or even do a test if !null. In my
design I make sure I never call null function pointers, so having that
internal test done (along with not having code that throws an
exception), which will 'slightly' improve the call speed and reduce
the number of assembly instructions by a large factor. If I could set
a policy that disables the null-check (which also removed the need for
exception handling and such as well), I would be exceedingly happy.