Subject: Re: [boost] boost_extension
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 11:50:30

Hi Jeffrey,

my motivation is to have all extension in one place where it would be
easy for people to find extensions and also easy to add new
extensions. Extensions can very small code pieces and reviewing them
might only take a few hours.

Ideally we should be able to just add extensions into boost. But
reality shows us that's no an easy process. For instance, my extension
is sitting in th review loop for months now with no end in sight.

Having our own project might accelerate things and hopefully will
create momentum for new extensions. We basically would copy and paste
boost without having to deal with boost's overhead.

Regards,
Christian