Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] - release schedule
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-14 13:48:40

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Andy Tompkins <atompkins_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have been working to get the uuid library to pass for the different
> toolsets in trunk.  The only failures (since my last check in, changeset
> 58370) are for 'codegear' and 'siliconman', which have to do with the
> random library or the test library, both of which have lots of failures
> as well.  Should I somehow mark them as expected failures?  Or is there
> a way (for test at least) to use the test library differently than I am?
>
> Do you want me (I assume me) to put the uuid library into the release
> branch?  I know this is the last day to add new libraries.  I am not
> trying to push it in.  I just want to do know what you want me to do.
> Wait until the next release or put it in this release?

I am not a Release Manager, but I think since you are the maintainer
of the library it should be your call when you merge it to the release
branch. I think the expected failures marking and the clear
documentation that it won't be supported by certain compilers (with a
promise to make it work on those compilers granted that other
libraries you depend on if you intend to do that) should be enough.

For one, I look forward to seeing this library released soon so that I
can justify using it for one of my projects that needs UUID support.

--
Dean Michael Berris
blog.cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/mikhailberis