Subject: Re: [boost] [1.42.0] Beta 1 release candidate
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-20 09:44:47

Beman,

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Ruediger Berlich
> <ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Beman Dawes wrote:
> >> Release candidates for 1.42.0 beta 1 are available at
> >> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
> >>
> >> Please download, do a build, and report results here. Also let us
> know
> >> if you spot any problems or have any other comments.
> >
> > Builds without errors (a few warnings) on Ubuntu 9.10, g++ 4.4.1 .
> >
> > I have also linked and run a fairly complex application of mine with
> it,
> > which runs fine. It uses about a dozen different Boost libraries.
>
> Thanks, Ruediger and Marshall!
>
> I've done a build on Windows VC++ 9.0 that worked OK, too, so it
> appears we are in pretty good shape.

Today I tracked down and fixed a nasty bug in Spirit affecting copy
construction of rules (rev. 50156). Would it be still possible to merge this
fix this late in the game (after verifying the regression tests cycle green,
which I expect them to do as everything passes fine for me on 3 compilers)?
No Boost code depends on Spirit V2 yet, so this shouldn't affect any other
tests.

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com