Subject: Re: [boost] codepad code longevity ?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-29 20:27:31

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Dean Michael Berris
>>
>> Sure, but if you really wanted to use something like codepad so that
>> the code is accessible from elsewhere, Github gists are one way of
>> doing it. And again, you don't have to know or use git to use the gist
>> functionality.
>>
>> You also get versions for free when using gists so that you can look
>> at the evolution of the code snippet over time.
>
> Where-as if you post it with the email directly, you get the
> advantages of both lifetime and searchability.  Searchability is a
> *HUGE* thing with archives, putting code through links kills that.

Of course, but what if you wanted to post something like a 200+ line
sample without breaking indentation and without syntax highlighting?
Then email breaks down.

That is, one alternative to codepad is Github gists. I'm sure there
are others out there but I was giving an alternative.

HTH

--
Dean Michael Berris
cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/deanberris