Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-02 13:11:34

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> > Patrick Horgan wrote:
> > > So, that would leave the USING/POWERED BY pair, the PROPOSED FOR, and
> > > the regular boost icon which already exists and isn't part of this
> > > discussion. That's my 7 3/4 cents.
> >
> > +1
> > [...]
>
> I'm confused - I understood that the idea of the "Powered by Boost" was for
> third party software to announce that they were (proudly we hope) *using* Boost
> software in their software.
>
> So if you are developing something that you hope will become part of Boost, you
> *don't* use this - you need a "Developing for" or "Proposed for " logo - I think
> the latter should only be used if in the review queue.

Then we need a "Developing For" or equivalent logo in addition, because "Proposed for" seems to be reserved for the review queue. I would be also OK with this. I just tried to come closer to a final agreement. (So I was agreeing with Patrick, and explicitly spelled out what it means in my specific case.)

Regards,
Thomas