Subject: [boost] [log] Boost.Log formal review
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-08 03:37:38
the formal review of the Boost.Log library, written by Andrey Semashev,
starts now and will run through March 17, 2010.
The documentation for the current version is available at:
The downloads are at:
Here are the important points:
1. All comments are appreciated. Even if you don't have the time for in-depth study
of everything, comments on parts of the library are welcome. In particular, if you
are already using logging in your applications and have specialized requirements,
you might want to directly check how the proposed library handles them.
2. The reviews and all comments should be submitted to the developers list,
boost_at_[hidden] and the email should have "[log]" prefix in the subject
to make sure it's not missed. The deadline for reviews is
23:59, March 17, PST = 2:59, March 18, EST = 7:59 March 18, GMT = 10:59, March 18 MSK
3. Please explicitly state in your review whether the library should be accepted.
4. The general review checklist is provided below:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk