Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review attempt
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-09 12:53:51

Vladimir Prus wrote:
[snip]
>> The process cc1plus was running about 20 minutes (100%CPU, moderate RAM
>> usage) before anything else happened.
>
> It looks like 4.2 is somehow unhappy with the code.

Following a hint from Sean Chittenden, I downloaded the current code
from the boost.log svn. Compilation still seems to take forever (20
minutes), but it now compiles. Here is the 20min gap:

-rw-r--r-- 1 rbock rbock 5690672 2010-03-09 18:19 filter_parser.o
-rw-r--r-- 1 rbock rbock 4972776 2010-03-09 18:39 formatter_parser.o

I wonder if it is possible to speed it up (or to break it up into
smaller packages). I almost killed the process after 15 minutes...

Anyway, I am going to start experimenting tomorrow...

> I think you better locate the first error message from the compiler and
> post that. Further
> errors are likely induced. I wonder if the first error message is "ran
> out of memory", though.

No, it was some template error starting with

./boost/intrusive/detail/is_stateful_value_traits.hpp: In instantiation
[snip]

With the source from the SVN, these messages are gone :-)

Regards,

Roland