Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] project ideas: BigInt
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 12:34:16

Behalf Of
> Andrew Sutton
> Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:05 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] project ideas: BigInt
>
> > > I put BigInt back on the project ideas board with a caveat that some
<Snip>

> Indeed... BigInt has only been a project idea for what... 5 years, now? If
> this summer works out, maybe we can look at some of the CADNA code that Joel
> referenced.

I think the real problem is that GMP have got it really properly definitively
sorted - but their license remains an issue for some.

So this is blocking others because they don't want to reinvent an interior
wheel.

But actually, I still suspect that there are many applications for which a
correct (but inferior in performance) might be quite satisfactory.

This might be a GSoC project that is feasible in the time available.

But it must be 'plug compatible' with other implementations (using Barend's
numeric_adaptors?)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow