Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] project ideas: BigInt
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-11 13:58:49

Paul A. Bristow wrote : > I think the real problem is that GMP have got it really > properly definitively > sorted - but their license remains an issue for some. > > So this is blocking others because they don't want to > reinvent an interior > wheel. > > But actually, I still suspect that there are many > applications for which a > correct (but inferior in performance) might be quite > satisfactory. [/quote] Hello! I know a library that fit your description. TTmath is a bigint/bigfloat library for numbers that are only allocated on the stack, using with C++ template and with some asm optimisations : http://www.ttmath.org/ttmath under the BSD licence (a kind of you-can-do-allmost-all-you-want licence). Since the time I know it, I have not needed other bigint or big float library (even GMP). Anyway, I think a potential Soc student should at least check it for reference. Best regards, Pierre Morcello