Subject: Re: [boost] Boost, Decoupled and Accelerated
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 10:36:53

At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:46:35 +0100,
Roland Bock wrote:

> Not sure how much time I can offer, but I'd like to contribute to
> testing on Linux. At my company, we have some hundred modules (mostly
> libraries and plugins) with a nice amount of dependencies. Our current
> build system is based on CMake.

Then you should feel right at home :-)

> I'd be interested in seeing how the two systems compare, and (maybe)
> offering one or two suggestions, too...

I'll be putting out a call for testers as soon as we have something
ready. Your suggestions will be welcome.

> A question from a user and occasional contributor to the overflowing bug
> tracker, hoping that you can provide an answer without compromising the
> dramatics for BoostCon :-)
>
> How could decentralization influence the overflowing bug tracker?

A very good question. The most obvious thing is that projects could
all choose their own issue tracking systems, so nobody needs to be
bogged down by the slowness of a single Trac instance or tied to the
current stagnation of the Trac development effort.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing