Subject: Re: [boost] Boost, Decoupled and Accelerated
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 11:57:55

At Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:10:22 +0100,
Roland Bock wrote:

> Hmm. At this point, what sounded cool earlier, now becomes a bit
> frightening. Where do you intend the decentralization to stop?

Wherever we decide.

> If we are going to follow that path, the next logical step would be that
> each project could have its own mailing list (which some of them have
> anyway).

That's a possibility. Or not. Or we could go with the status quo
(some libraries have their own lists).

> I must admit, I wouldn't be much of a fan of that. I am on far too many
> mailing lists already. And the central mailing list is nice because so
> many stimulating ideas are passing through. Also, sometimes I wonder: is
> there a boost library that could help me with problem XY? I send a
> question to the central list and usually get an answer, soon. Without a
> central list, where would I send such a question?
>
> Will anything remain centralized? For instance review management?

As far as I can tell, Boost would at *least* have to continue to act
as a certifying authority for libraries, so reviews would have to be
handled here.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing