Subject: [boost] GSoC 2010 - Boost.Phoenix
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 05:47:09

Hi List,

As the subject indicates I am interested in the Boost.Phoenix project for this
years summer of code.

At first, a little information on me. I am currently studying at University of
Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany. I am learning C++ since 2005.
I have experience with Expression Templates. I used them as part of my
bachelors thesis:
http://www10.informatik.uni-
erlangen.de/Publications/Theses/2009/Heller_BA09.pdf
Some months ago I discovered the Boost.Proto library. I was trying to
implement a DSEL for a GUI description language. This attempt can be found
here:
http://gitorious.org/phobos/main/trees/c014102b5aefb2592eef625047340fa92d854534/include/phobos/nimble
However this approach was not continued, and I developed a spirit parser which
gives more flexibility in that particular domain.

I like the idea of Boost.Phoenix as it is right now.
I think an implementation with Boost.Proto seems only natural. I searched the
boost SVN repository but i couldn't find the prototypes you mentioned.
A link to these would be helpful to be able further look into this project
proposal.

Regards,
Thomas Heller